There are two different ways to get a car rental:
1) From your insurance company.
2) From the insurance company of the person that hit you.
(Note: to rent a car you need a license and a credit card at time of rental)
Procedure for using your own company for rental:(no matter who is at fault)
- Call your agent and make sure that your have rental coverage on your policy.
- Call insurance company for rental authorization(get phone # from your agent).
- Get the name of person handling your claim with their phone ext.
- Get your claim number.
Give this information to the rental car company to set up direct billing. This means that your insurance is billed directly from the rental car company. The rental car company should then have all the information they need. Any question or problems, just call us or ask your rental car company.
Procedure for using insurance company of person who hit you(person at fault in accident):
- Call insurance company of person that hit you.(get claim number and at-fault person’s name)
- Call us if you need any phone numbers.
- Get the name of the person handling the claim (their phone number and ext.).
- Push for direct billing. This way the rental car company bills the insurance company directly.
- Give this information to the rental car company.
- The rental car company should have all the information they need.
Contact Carol at Gaumond’s Auto Body with any questions(508)699-2630